|Department of Pathology & Forensic Medicine
|The pathology and Forensic Medicine branch was established in 1989 as part of the College of Medicine / Al-Nahrain University, and since then the branch perform the following tasks:
1. Teaching third year /undergraduate students’ pathology material.
2. Teaching fourth year/undergraduate students forensic medicine material.
3. Teaching fifth year/undergraduate students surgical pathology material.
4. Teaching fifth year undergraduate students medical ethics material.
5. The branch also gives master's degree in the following specialties (pathology / pathological tissue, pathology/ haematology, pathology / forensic medicine).
6. The branch also gives doctorate degree in the following specialties (pathology / pathological tissue, pathology / haematology).
The branch is also connected with each of Iraqi and Arabic Board of Pathology, and contributes to the training of students in the teaching hospital.